The National Association of Field Experience Administrators Inc. (NAFEA) was formed in 2003 to represent tertiary administrators engaged in the logistical placement of students for field experiences. Although participants at the inaugural conference held in Brisbane in 2003 were primarily teacher education administrators, interest was sparked from a wide range of disciplines also managing field experience programs. The issues and problems surrounding the logistical organisation of field experience programs were echoed across all disciplines. Membership of the Association now includes administrators and academic staff from disciplines such as nursing, medicine, law, human services, human movement studies, and engineering.
The primary aims of NAFEA are:
- To facilitate an annual conference for work integrated learning (WIL) / field experience administrators;
- To provide a networking and support reference point;
- To act as an advocate to raise awareness of the role of WIL / fieldwork administrators; and,
- To lobby on member’s behalf regarding WIL issues at a national level.
- An essential component of NAFEA’s objectives is to facilitate a national forum by sharing ideas, concerns, strategies, innovations, experience and expertise.